Lyons FUMC stands to provide a ministry to all members. From our Nursery Program all the way to our Hill Climbers Program, there is a place at Lyons FUMC for everyone!
Our nursery is the perfect location for your infant and toddlers! It is available each Sunday morning from 9:45 am- 12:15 pm (Sunday School and Worship) as well as Wednesdays from 5:45- 7:15 pm (Wednesday Night Supper and Bible Study). Recently, we renovated our nursery. Our upgrades now allow for 900 square feet of space, divided into two seperate parts... one for infants and one for toddlers. Our staff is Safe Sanctuaries trained and ready to care for your child while in worship.
Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Matthew 9:14 At Lyons FUMC, we are dedicated to leading every person to become a fully devoted follower of Christ, especially our children. We strive to provide a safe and loving environment for them to grow in faith and knowledge of Jesus Christ.
We offer many ways for your child to get involved:
- Moments with the Children: Moments with the children is a small devotional time offered on Sundays during the morning worship service.
- Children's Church: Children ages 3-7 meet every Sunday morning during the morning worship service immediately following Moments with the Children.
- Wednesday Nights - Children join together in a relaxed atmosphere for music, bible stories, and games. This group meets on Wednesdays from 6:15 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- During the summer, the Children's Ministry does not meet on Wednesday nights. Instead, many summer activities are planned such as Vacation Bible School, movies, bowling, pool parties, etc. Check out our Facebook page for more info and a schedule of activities.
The Fusion Youth Ministry stands to bring middle and high school students closer to God through worship, small groups, service and mission opportunities, and weekly fellowship with friends and leaders in the Fusion Ministry. We strive to build disciples for Christ!
The Men's Improvement Club is a place for men of God to gather for fellowship, worship and planning for improvements at Lyons FUMC. Men's Improvement Club meets the first Monday of every month at 7 PM in the Fellowship Hall.
Our Women's Ministry consists of two Circles that meet monthly for fellowship, service, worship and discipleship:
- LEILA HOUSE CIRLE meets the first Thursday of every month at 6 PM in the First Room on the Right.
- NEW LIFE CIRCLE meets the last Thursday of every month at 5 PM in the Fellowship Hall.
The Hill Climber's meet once a month on the first Wednesday for lunch, fellowship and Bible Study at 12 PM in the Fellowship Hall.
Lyons First UMC offers weekly Sunday school classes that give members a chance to learn and grow together as disciples in Christ in a small group and age appropriate setting. Sunday School meets weekly on Sunday mornings at 10 AM.
Sunday Morning Worship at Lyons FUMC is a family- friendly setting for worship and learning. Services begin at 11 AM.
Wednesday Night Supper begins at 5:45 PM in the Social Hall followed by Bible Study and Children and Youth activities at 6:15 PM.
Our Chancel Choir practices every Wednesday night at 7 PM in the Choir Room. All are welcome to come and join the choir family and lead our congregation in singing praises every Sunday morning at 11 AM.
The Wings of Hope Thift Store is open every Thursday Friday and Saturday from 10 AM- 1PM. Donations for the Wings of Hope Thrift store can be brought by the Missions Outreach Center aytime during regular hours.
Every Thursday morning our Food Bank serves our community by giving out food to those in need. If you or someone you know is in need of food, send them to the Missions Outreach Center on Thursday at 10 AM. (ID required)